After completing a long checklist of last minute home repairs and touch-ups, cleaning the house top to bottom, distributing liquids and perishables to friends and neighbors, and loading the cars (while getting an average of two hours sleep per night the week before we left), we drove away from Maryland at 3pm July 3. With a much needed hotel stop to sleep somewhere in Ohio along the way, we were grateful to safely arrive in Kansas City, MO early evening of July 4th. It was GREAT to see family and finally relax! We were just in time for pizza, popsicles and fireworks!

I was amazed at the size of fireworks going off all over the neighborhood. It was a fabulous show! I love freedom!
God bless America!
In no time the kids became best friends with cousins
they haven't seen in years.

3 comments:
My blogger dashboard says you just posted this, but your blog says it's from July 4th. Can you past date posts? (Can I write about stuff that already happened and put it in the correct order?)
Yep. That's what I'm doing. I have a lot to catch up on from the summer, but didn't want to wait to post the current pics, so I'm slowly working my way backwards. Here's how: if you go under "Post Options" at the bottom left of your "Posting > Crate" page, you'll see below "Post date and time". You can change it there. I'm figuring this blogging stuff out as I go.
I did find a place that can "slurp" a blog into a book. Sort of like the online photobooks where they print and ship it to you. (at blurb.com - there may be other sites too). I haven't tried it yet, but just watched their tutorial. So with this new option in mind, I am treating my blog more like an online scrapbook. So it's nice to have the dates accurate.
My friend uses blurb to make a book out of her blog. She loves it. I haven't seen the book, but I'll let you know what I think when I see it. Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment