Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mud Bugs

Crawfish season is on! We tried these little mud bugs out the very first week the local shop opened. It's just like eating tiny lobsters, except spicy, and you have to work more to get full. We love our adventurous kids. Our family downed 3 pounds!




6 comments:

Heidi said...

Can your kids come teach my kids about trying new foods?

Lynette said...

Wow! That looks like tons of fun and very yummy. I am MOST impressed that your kids ate them. Good job Smith kids!

Emily Petty said...

Wow - those are adventurous kids! I like seafood, but I think I'd need some convincing to eat crawdads myself!

Robin Fisher said...

We miss crawfish!!! If you want authentic, try having Bro LaCaze make them for you (if they are still in the ward)

Erin said...

Did this bring back memories of eating lobster in Maine? I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying all that LA has to offer!

Robin Fisher said...

I just checked your blog--hoping for an update. I LOVE THE new family photo!
Now, I just need to update my blog.