Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Every year our friends in Maryland (the Dalys) hosted a big lunch and egg-hunt party. Now that we are in Louisiana I decided to carry on the tradition I was missing, and host our own Easter celebration.



We invited a few families with lots of kids and had a grand time. There must have been over 300 eggs! The parents hid the eggs outside while the kids waited impatiently inside.

Chase


This was Fiona's first egg hunt. Once she found out what this was all about, she did her best to gather her share of the loot.

Fiona

Isabelle


Our Fiona with Kate O'Gwin getting more sugar.

Abigail
I plan to continue this fun tradition. We do our candy, fun, party things related to celebrating Easter on the Saturday before Easter, and reserve the spiritual lessons on the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the true meaning of Easter, for Sunday. I hope the children remember that all the fun is just leading up to the most important holiday of the year.

No comments: