Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Newsletter


Here's a little overview of what we've been up to in 2008...

This summer we moved from Olney, Maryland to Leesville, Louisiana. We love it here in the deep south and have more family time to play and explore our new territory. Ben and I got our boating licenses and we frequently go on outings to Toledo Bend.

Fiona just turned one in October and is busy walking around, exploring her world, and getting into everything. She is adored by all and we love getting to know her sweet and spunky personality. Favorite sayings: "wow" and "what"and "this".

Chase is almost 5. He loves doing school with his big sisters and has begun reading and writing. He really is a self starter and a pleasure to teach. He loves playing "Super-Everything" (a super hero he made up who can... do everything!) Chase loves to draw detailed animals and people, ride his scooter, go to gymnastics class, and look for frogs and turtles near our pond.

Isabelle is 7. When we can't find her, she is off in a corner reading "Junie B. Jones" or "Jigsaw Jones", two of her favorite book series. We take weekly trips to the library to fill this passion. Isa also loves taking tap and ballet, playing her violin, singing in Primary at church, hiking in the woods with her Dad, and making new friends.

Abigail is 9. Her early morning violin practice is really paying off. She and Isa have had fun this season playing at various concerts and parties. Abby loves taking ballet and jazz, doing crafts, riding her bike, and playing hard. She helps me so much at home; I really appreciate her.

I (Stephanie) am busy as usual running the house and homeschooling the kids (4th, 3rd, and now Kindergarten). It's the best job ever and there is nothing I'd rather do. I am the Nursery leader at church, teaching the 18 month - 3 year olds about Jesus Christ. Fiona gets to join in the fun early. I somehow make time to blog and do other projects to keep skills sharp and take a break from the day to day tasks.

Ben graduated from Residency at Walter Reed this past June (hooray!) and now works as the chief (and only) Ophthalmologist at Fort Polk's army hospital. He has taken up biking and shooting, and we often go on dates to the shooting range while the kids watch movies in the car. Ben is a wonderful husband and father and it's always fun when he comes home from work because it means play time. Even Fiona says "Yay" when Ben walks in the door.

We are so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and for all the blessings we have received this and every year. We wish a very Merry Christmas to all our friends and family! We love you.

6 comments:

Jenna and Jeremy said...

I am really enjoying reading your blog. Your kids are so grown up and adorable! I loved the pictures of all of them for your Nativity book. What a great idea! Have a Merry Christmas!

David and Jenny said...

The book is really cool, and will be a treasure for a long time!

Emily Petty said...

I see my sister beat me to your blog! I didn't know you were a blogger too...I'm kind of embarassed to admit that I'm addicted...but, I am! I really enjoyed reading your blog and your nativity book is incredible - I think my family just decided to copy your idea for next year - we'll photo all the cousins when I go home this summer. I loved seeing/hearing your girls play the violin - what a ton of performances - good for them! Our blog is columbiafamily.blogspot.com. Happy New Year!

Lynette said...

Hey,
Sounds like all is going great. How fun is that to have your boating licenses. Wow. I love the Nativity idea below too.

Lindsey said...

So when are you going to post more pictures of your kiddos? I can't get enough...

Happy Birthday to Chase on the 15th!

Rachel said...

I love this update! You guys are amazing. So, I want to go shooting if we ever come visit. Seriously! Chris' dad took me once & I was good. :)
p.s. Look forward to pictures of the painted house!