Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chicken Run


After the five days were up, we let the chickens out of their run. They now know where their home is, but are not yet tame. They kept running away from us... a bit "chicken" of us. After feeding them some corn bits, they began to calm down. Abby even picked hers up with her stealth maneuvers. It may take awhile until they really warm up to us. This breed is said to tame easily, and eventually will follow us around. We'll see how that goes.



3 comments:

Jenna and Jeremy said...

I can't believe you guys own chickens now! Thats amazing!

Emily Petty said...

I echo Jenna - wow, Chickens! Do you have eggs yet? Those kittens are really cute too!

Stephanie said...

I know, crazy huh? We get about 21 eggs a week! Our family easily goes through that many. It's great not buying eggs at the store anymore.