For our birthdays, Ben and I ordered an Eglu from Omlet. What's that, you ask? The greatest way to keep chickens in your own backyard! We figured, "We're in Louisiana; why not raise chickens?" But the bigger motivation is all part of becoming self sufficient.
The design is pretetor proof and super easy to clean. I had to go all the way to Alexandria (an hour drive each way) to pick up the shipment (that was the closest Greyhound station to us). The two huge boxes fit in the back of my van with the back bench seats stowed down. (Yes, the kids had to share seat belts on the way home - don't call social services. Hey, I remember the days when we'd roll around in the back of the van, playing crack the egg, as my mom made sharp turns, but I'll save that for another post).

1 comment:
Super cool! I've never seen such a neat chicken run. I would LOVE to have chickens (currently against our ROA covenants). The girls' music teacher raises chicks & then sells their "organic" eggs. We love finding the rare blue & green among the browns. I can't wait to read more posts. Maybe someday your children can start a little egg business . . . !
Post a Comment