It is always a miracle to me that seeds actually grow. And even more amazing when we harvest food! The growing season starts early in Louisiana; March 15 is usually past the last frost. According to a national growing map, we get 10 months of growing season. Now the trick is learning to make the most of it. We are very new at this, but having a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Your garden is very beautiful. We are new to gardening too, we started this season late with just one raised bed. I was wondering, what are the criss-crossing boards on top for?
It's part of the "square foot gardening" book I've been reading and modeling our garden after. The divisions help to organize the plants; a certain number can fit per square foot, depending on what plant it is. I guess not totally necessary, but I like how orderly it keeps it.
Happy gardening!
Your garden looks great! We're slowly learning about gardening too out here in Missouri!
Oh, your garden looks so great! It is so hard to grow a garden where I live, but I'm trying (square foot, too). Maybe I'll have better luck next year.
Wow - what a beautiful garden!
Post a Comment