So, I thought our house would look better if the shutters were black.
I did a little research, asked a friend (who had succeeded in painting her shutters last year - thanks, Meredith) and in doing some initial investigating found I could easily remove them by carefully using the back of a hammer without having to replace the anchor pegs. While Ben was out of town (the time I usually initiate big projects) the kids and I picked up some spray paint and set to work.
First I carefully removed all the shutters while Abby helped me sweep out the cob webs.
Chase helped jet spray the shutters while I scrubbed and dried them.
Then I spray painted each shutter while the kids scootered in the driveway and babysat Fiona (who was awake by this point). After running Isabelle to tap class I finished up the spraying. While the shutters were drying I swept and sprayed down the side of the house before hanging up the masterpieces.
It was a race against the sun to finish up. There is no better feeling than working hard and then enjoying the fruits of your labors at the end of the day. I must have paced around the house and basked in the joy of my gorgeous new shutters for a good half hour before going in for the night.
Here are some pics of the grand result the next day...

No comments:
Post a Comment