
Happy Halloween to all !
We had a wonderful October and hope you did too.
Yes, I finished the baby mermaid costume in just time. The big sisters were so excited to have "the little mermaid" with them.
Spidey-Chase went to work climbing on everything in sight and doing daring tricks off the sofa. He really got into his role as super-hero.
The Wednesday before Halloween our church held a super fun Halloween activity. The kids went to each classroom to play games (donut on a string, fishing for prizes, etc.). Then all the families gathered for a potluck chili and cornbread dinner, pumpkin carving contest and costume parade. After dinner the youth directed a scarecrow stuffing contest in the parking lot. Last event of the evening was the greatly anticipated "trunk-or-treat" where the kids went from car to car filling their bags with (way too much!) candy.On Halloween night we went trick-or-treating in a neighborhood near East Leesville High School. We heard that all of Leesville gathers here (and that our neighborhood doesn't really celebrate because everyone is away for the night). I can see why. The town was either at the football game or trick-or-treating the nearby neighborhood. We could hear the announcer's play by plays as we walked the streets. I was amazed at the amount of families we saw. We could hardly drive close to park. We bundled up Fiona in a monkey suit because it was a little chilly. The weather here has cooled off nicely and now we are enjoying beautiful fall colors and weather.

7 comments:
I love HGTV! Why do people do bad things to good houses? SCARY! When we lived at Polk, it seemed like EVERYONE trick-or-treated on post.
Can I come visit you right now & snuggle that baby girl? She is too cute! What great costumes, I can't wait to show the girls who will of course be starstruck about the mermaids & start planning to be the little mermaid for next halloween.
p.s. I am not makin' their costumes, though. :)
If your girls want to borrow the costumes for next year, I'd be more than happy to ship them to you. Just let us know!
Are you wearing the purple seventies suit at the Trunk or Treat? I think I wore that at our singles party. Remember--our disco lip sink? That was such a fun night.
Yep. That purple bell-bottomed leisure suit has gotten more milage! That was a fun singles night way back when and YOU looked great in it! (R-E-S-P-E-C-T I think it was!) I think the first time I wore it was in a "Stayin' Alive" lip sync in High School (It was originally Christina Roberts Hales' mom's). It worked out great for trunk or treating as a "What should I be? We're leaving in 10 minutes and I've been so busy with the kids I forgot about me!" Glad you noticed!
What great looking mermaid costumes!
hey stephanie!! i haven't seen you for years, yet somehow you still look exactly the same! (that's meant as a compliment of course:)
anyway, i can't believe you have 4 kids...what a cute family. it looks like things are going well for you. i'm glad to be reconnected through facebook.
also...i love your new black shutters. what a fun project! have a good one.
Post a Comment