We found a farm where we could go on a hayride and pick out pumpkins. They also set up hay bail and cornfield mazes. It was a perfect fall day and we had the best time being outdoors.

On the hayride we saw how hay is bailed, how a windmill pumps water to the crops, and how to catch crawfish in the ditches.
Then the children picked out their own pumpkins. They know that they have to be able to carry the pumpkin they pick out. Each year the pumpkins get bigger and bigger.

2 comments:
First, very cute pictures. I have so enjoyed hearing about all the pumpkin farm variations across the country via friends' blogs. But I must say, catching crawfish is a new one!! I love it! As for the hail bailing & crop watering--it sounds like a real farm you went to, as opposed to our suburban U-pick farm. Love it!
Just when I think those kids can't get any cuter...
Post a Comment